How to Avoid Having Smelly Boots
I can only look at girls who wear their sexy high heeled boots the whole day and imagine how they feet would smell after taking it off. This might be a common problem for ladies who love wearing ankle boots, calf boots or even thigh high boots that they sometimes ignore it just to look good. I know there are a lot of discomforts we women would rather take for the sake of fashion but I hope having smelly feet isn’t really one of them.
Developing a habit of keeping your feet clean and sweat free is essential in having fresh-smelling feet. Here are some things that you can do keep your feet healthy.
- Wash your feet with anti-bacterial soap in the morning before putting on shoes
- Keep your toenails clean and properly trimmed to avoid bacterial build up
- Go for a foot spa or apply a foot scrub on your feet and gently scrub away calluses and dead skin
- Make sure that your feet is dry before putting on socks or shoes
- Wear home slippers after taking off shoes to let your feet rest properly
Preventing your boots from smelling bad is also important to keep your feet healthy. As long as you store your boots on the right place and give it proper care that it deserves, I am sure you can avoid any stinking shoes in the future.
Here are some of the basic care tips to keep your shoes from smelling bad.
- Store your boots in cool dry place to keep mildew from building up inside your shoes
- Quickly dry up your boots in case it get soaked with water
- Make it a habit to clean the insides of your boots by wiping it with clean cloth
- Stuff your boots with crumpled newspaper after wearing it to absorb the moisture inside your boots
- Put baking soda in your boots after a long day of wearing it then dust off extra powder before putting it on again.
- Do not wear the same boots in two or three consecutive days
- Wear socks with special materials for combating bacteria in your feet
In addition to these tips, you can also wear skinny jeans, tights or long socks to keep your boots from absorbing the sweat from your legs. Buying quality, brand new shoes instead of used boots will also ensure that your feet won’t smell bad.
Wearing fashionable shoes entails a lot of responsibilities of keeping your feet and your shoes clean and smell free. Remember that even the most fashionable shoes can’t hide the fact that you don’t give enough care for your feet. So why not start doing these tips today and enjoy a smell free and healthy feet!
About the Author:
Scarlett Lee Rios is from Fullerton, California, a fashion writer and blogger for Makemechic.com, where you can buy a wide variety of women’s fashion clothing, shoes, boots like ankle boots and wedge boots as well as accessories at affordable prices. She is also doing part-time modeling for almost four years now. Follow her on Twitter: @scarlettleerios and check out her blog: MissSassyGirl.
you are so right..feet smelling after wearing boots is such a nasty problem..: ( ! thank you for the tips Lee..
[...] How to Avoid Having Smelly Boots [...]